Be a part of the Costume Contest and stand out!
Voting for your favorite costume takes place LIVE on the stage inside Santa's Village.
Judges will score you from 1-10 (judges are on the left as you cross the finish line). You’ll be judged for originality, enthusiasm, and difficulty to run in. Make sure your bib is visible to the judges as you pass the finish line. If you think they missed you visit the VIP tent after you finish so they can get a good look at your costume. Cut off times for judging is 15 mins before your Costume Contest Ceremony begins. Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon runners will all be scored together. Meaning 1st 2nd or 3rd place could come from either event.
Costume Contest Ceremony | Santa’s Village Awards Stage
9:00 am – 5K-- | 1st | 2nd | 3rd |
9:15 am Kids 1K-- | 1st | 2nd | 3rd |
10:45 am Half Marathon & Quarter-- | 1st | 2nd | 3rd |
Posting your photos online
For those of you miss out on the Live Judging because you are still out on course, no worries. Anyone is eligible for our Online Costume Contest, you can post a photo on Instagram and see how you stack up the the rest of the competition (see below for instructions). Winner will be announced the following Wednesday.
- Post your picture on Instagram and Tag @SantatotheSea with the hashtag #STTSCostumeContest
- If your Instagram account is set to private we will not see your photo.
- You have until Tuesday night to post your photos.
- Our Judges will pick 3 photos and attempt to get in contact with the winners so you can claim your special Santa gift!!!
- Our favorite costume photos will be featured on our website for all your friends and family to see!
Have fun, be creative, your costumes never disappoint!!
**KIDS COSTUME CONTEST is for children who register and participate in the Kids 1K Run. Contestants must report to the Kids Zone wearing their costume and race bib by 9:00am.